Downingtown PA Real Estate:3/12/2012
When considering a great place for your next home take a close look at Downingtown PA real estate listings. Downingtown is rich with history and has some of the nicest real estate homes in Chester County. There is plenty to do with local events held throughout the year within the borough.
Buying a home in Chester County is probably the biggest investment you will make, with long-term financial ramifications. It calls for many informed decisions and for good advice from a real estate professional. When buying a home, you can learn from the knowledge and skill of a Real Estate Agent.
Click on this link: Downingtown PA homes for sale to learn more!
Selling a Home in Downingtown PA:
Selling your home in Downingtown PA should not be a stressful ordeal. Choosing a RE/MAX agent is your first step to ensuring that your investment in your home pays off. My services and experience allow you to focus on your move while I manage your home sale from our initial consultation to the closing deal, and beyond. I pride myself on repeat business and hope you will come to understand why.
Downingtown School District:
The Downingtown Area School District is a school district based in Downingtown, in Chester County, Pennsylvania, in the United States. The district operates ten Elementary Schools, two Middle Schools and two High Schools, soon to be four. As of 2011, the district educates an average of 14,000 students.
Click on this link: Downingtown School District homes for sale to learn more!
The district, located in central Chester County serves all of the following municipalities:
- Downingtown Borough
- East Brandywine Twp.
- East Caln Twp.
- Upper Uwchlan Twp.
- Uwchlan Twp.
- Wallace Twp.
- West Bradford Twp.
- West Pikeland Twp.
- Beaver Creek Elementary - Downingtown
- Bradford Heights Elementary School - West Bradford Twp.
- Brandywine Wallace Elementary School - East Brandywine Twp.
- East Ward Elementary School - Downingtown
- Lionville Elementary School - Uwchlan Twp.
- Pickering Valley Elementary School - Upper Uwchlan Twp.
- Shamona Creek Elementary School - Uwchlan Twp.
- Springton Manor Elementary School - Wallace Twp.
- Uwchlan Hills Elementary School - Uwchlan Twp.
- West Bradford Elementary School - West Bradford Twp.
- Downingtown Middle School - Downingtown
- Lionville Middle School - Uwchlan Twp.
- Downingtown High School - Downingtown High School is split into two campuses: Downingtown East (Uwchlan Twp.) and Downingtown West (Downingtown). While still legally considered to be one school, East and West are generally regarded as being separate entities.
- Downingtown STEM Academy (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) - A magnet high school opening Fall 2011.
- Downingtown Cyber Academy - A new online educational school for high school students, opening in August 2011.
Snippets of History:
Downingtowns origins are of a small village located midway between Philadelphia and Lancaster. The village was first known as Milltown since it was the location of the last mills on the edge of the unsettled western frontier. Thomas Moore erected a water corn mill in 1716 and Roger Hunt established a gristmill in 1739. The deteriorated structure of the Roger Hunt mill and millrace still survives in Downingtown to this day, and was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1979. In 1761, John Downing opened a tavern on the east side of the Brandywine Creek, which was first known as the Downing Mill Inn; not long thereafter, his father, Thomas, developed an industrial complex of mills on the Lancaster Road in Milltown.
Around the time of the American Revolution, Milltown began being known as Downings Town. During the Revolution, the town was used as a location for storage of food supplies; a forage magazine was constructed in Downings Town to hold provisions for the troops. During the time of the Revolution, Richard Downing, son of Thomas, continued to operate and expand the familys mill complex and the Downing family continued to prosper in the small village.